This Thursday morning at the Capital:
What is Soldier Ride logistically?
• 30 Wounded Warriors on bicycles, handcycles and tricycles - all adapted for individual disabilities.
• 22 mile loop through central Austin
• Starts at Capitol South Steps
• Ends at Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop (400 Nueces St)
• Rest stop at Gullett Elementary
• Escorted by the Travis County Sheriff's Office
• Joined by other cyclists
What can people do?
• Show up and cheer along the route
• Ride with the group
Where can people show up and cheer on the Soldiers?
9:15am at the Capitol Grounds – presentations including Gov Rick Perry and St Sen Kirk Watson start at 9:30am
approx. 10:10 along the Drag
approx. 12:10 by Hula Hut
approx. 12:25 by City Hall
If people want to ride
• It's free but donations to Wounded Warrior Project are welcome
• Arrive at the Capitol by 9:15
• Plan on a parade type pace – ~10 mph
• Wear a helmet
• Bring your friends
Where do they go from here?
Thursday – BBQ lunch prepared by Travis County Sheriff’s personnel,
Dinner at Doc’s Motorworks on So. Congress. (rodeo event is being worked on)
Friday – Fort Hood
Saturday – Fundraising ride from the Dallas VA to Fort Worth
More details on Saturday ride at http://sr.woundedwarriorproject.org/