Sunday, July 15, 2007

A song that kicks ass

I went on another cd buying spree today. I love buying cds and ripping the cd's so I have total control of what to do with the songs. Screw itunes!
Here's what I picked up today.

Smashing Pumpkins- Zeitgeist
Amy Winehouse- Back to Black
James Morrison- Undiscovered
Feist- The Reminder
Paul McCarteny- Memory Almost Full
Until June- Until June

I'm ripping all these cd's which takes just a bit of time. I'm anxious to give this new stuff a listen. As I look at the cover and inserts of Paul McCartney's cd, I can't help but laugh. I love him but he looks like a complete Tool in these photo's. How could someone as big and powerful as Paul McCartney, surrounded by so many people, not have some tell him that his new cd pics look like Glamour Shots. I'm sorry Paul, you look like an idiot. I have high hopes for this cd. Paul is still in my top 5 concert list from when I saw him at Texas Stadium in the 90's. He's right behind James Brown on the list and ahead of The Police and Public Image Limited.

For the kick ass song. While I was ripping all the new discs I was going through my hard drives listening to a lot of early 90's alt rock. I stumbled across and band and song that I absolutely loved. When was the last time you heard The Submarine Song by The Candy Skins. What a absolute kick ass song from a band that we have forgotten about. The helped launch Brit pop and the alternative scene before we really knew what it was. Good times.

I'll let you know about some of these new discs soon.

In the meantime, the best new music I have found are both Austin bands.

What Made Milwaukee Famous and The Small Stars. Killer, killer cd's.

No comments: