Thursday, July 5, 2007

Buddha


Finished another book last night. Buddha by Deepak Chopra. I'm sure a lot of you have heard of Deepak. He's a pretty well known spiritual leader, personal coach and motivational speaker. I picked up this book thinking it was more of a historical count of the life of Buddha. Turns out it was much more of a fiction version. Seems as though it was written with the hopes of making it into a movie, much like Ghandi or Passion of the Christ.
I almost put it down after a short while since it really wasn't what I was looking for. Seems like an automatic sin or bad kharma to put the book down too soon. It turned out to be a well told story, just not the kind of story I would normally prefer. It felt very Hobbit or Lord of the Rings like.
The afterward brief explanations of Buddism were far more interested.... but again it was a well told and colorful story.

No comments: