Thursday, June 28, 2007

Vacation at last!

I was so overdue for a vacation. My wife and I are now in Pacific Beach in San Diego. Our hotel is amazing, pics coming soon. We don't really want to do anything each day except get in a good workout and chill. I brought three books with me and plan to blow through all of them.
PB is very cool. It reminds me a lot of Austin. It would have been easy to find a resort in more of a luxury area, but this is far more interesting and funky. The bars and shops have sort of a s. Congress, S. lamar sort of feel, much more our style... although we did just go to Starbucks. I would have opted for a local coffee joint but we couldn't find one and we didn't rent a car.
Everyone is talking about Paris being out of jail. I did hear some clips from the Larry king interview and thought it was lame. Why are we so fascinated with such an incredibly boring person. I'm trying to do a total media deprivation thing while I'm off. I read hundreds of pages of entertainment news every day. I need a break.
It's weird not having our daughter around. This is our second vacation without her ever. The last one was a couple years ago and it was just a long weekend in Mexico. I'm sure we will be missing her a ton before the week is over. I wish there was a hidden camera just so we could see what she's up to.
Heading out for an hour run, then to the beach to chill. I forgot to pack running/workout shorts. What a loser. Running in my swimsuit today, then gotta shop.

No comments: