Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tim Sanders in Austin

What a great couple of days. About 5 years ago I became such a huge fan of a guy named Tim Sanders. He came to speak at one of our radio conferences a couple years ago and shared with us his theories on "Branding" and "Likeability". I really took his theories to heart and have managed to stay in touch with him over the years, mostly to let him know how much his teachings have helped me with my career and friendships.
It was great to have Tim visiting Austin, chat over a few beers one eve and catch his speech at part of the Texchange meeting.
It's strange, Tim is about 8 years older than me, but looks at least 10 years younger than me. Also, when I listen to the guy, I feel like I'm in my early 20's, bright eyed and wanting to learn. He's a great mentor.
Having him come through Austin was such a great reminder and reinforcement that I need to continue to learn and grown personally, emotionally and socially. The last couple days have been full of valuable lessons.
Become a fan, read his books and subscribe to his blog. You will grow as a person. www.timsanders.com

No comments: