Monday, June 25, 2007

Heading to see The Police

I'm heading to Dallas in the morning with a couple of old high school friends to see The Police, our favorite band back in the day. I'm a bit bummed that it's at the AA Center in Dallas. I'm not big on arena shows, but I wouldn't miss this for the world. I'm missed them on the last tour back in '84....because of work and money, much the same reason I missed everything back then.
I have been listening to some Police again as of late. I can't think of anything out there today that makes such a connection over an entire album and then to do it 4 or 5 albums in a row...it was amazing. Don't get me wrong... I'm big on new music but I just can't think of anything that compares today.
I'm also looking forward to the rest of the week off. Heading to San Diego with some serious chill time ahead. Beach, sushi, workout, fish tacos... simple.
I've got a few good books packed and hope it's chilled enough and I can clear my head enough to blow through them.

No comments: