Saturday, May 26, 2007

What I love most about Stewart Copeland?

So The Police open on Monday in Vancouver. Hard to believe that my favorite band from my high school years is back! I'm going to the show next month in Dallas with a couple of my closest friends from high school. This is going to be a real walk down memory lane for us. My buddy Larry, just sent me a Stewart Copeland interview that is great. Stewart was always my favorite member of the Police. He seemed like the one I could relate to the most. In this interview he said something that makes me love this guy even more:


I have one house (in Los Angeles), I drive a Jeep Cherokee, I live very simply. I discovered in life that I have the same joy in divestment as I once got as a young man in acquisition. I have the perfect house. I'm never leaving this house that I'm in. I might trade my Jeep in for some environment-friendly vehicle of some kind. But I'm not into fancy cars. My watch is a Casio. I live very simply, and I've discovered that half of the so-called luxuries that people strive for do not provide happiness. My happiness comes from my children, my wife, my house that I love that I live in. OK, it's a very nice house, but there's only one of it. But what's really cool is that I've got my mate who's got 4,000 acres in Tuscany. I can hang out at his place. He can hire the 10 chambermaids, the half-acre of kitchen and pantry.

If you would like to read the rest of the interview, check it out here:

No comments: