Wednesday, April 18, 2007



So, I totally fell into this trip. I have been an avid cycling fan for years but have never made it over to the Tour de France or a European bike race. I have been to the USPRO Championships, which are always in Philly, but I was long overdue to catch a bike race.
My buddy, Mike offered to let me jump in with him in his plane and head to the Tour of Georgia. I really wasn't planning on going to this until last week. Mike offered to take me along and it looked like there were some accomodations along with some Austin friends of ours at AMD, big sponsors of the Discovery Team.
Here's the cool thing about heading out in Mikes plane. We just got to throw our bikes in the back and all the crap we need and off we go. Airlines charge an extra $50 to transport a bike and it has to be all packaged up. We just pulled off the wheels and threw em in.

I'll have some shots from the N. Ga mountains coming soon. It's supposed to be some gorgeous scenery and I promise to bring my camera along on the rides. We are scheduled to do some great mountain climbs... I'm really looking forward to that. Austin has some great hills, but they never last more than a few minutes.

check back soon for reports from Ga. jb
Posted by Picasa

No comments: