Monday, February 19, 2007

Damn Oprah!!!


Damnit. Oprah got me again. She's really jamming it to me this month. I've subscribed to her magazine and her home edition, joined her online club, donated to her school in Africa and she got me again!
We had that horrible cold wet weather last week so I was at home riding the spin bike and looking for something interesting on tv. I ended up tuning in Oprah and she had on all the contributors to this book called the Secret. They were being very vague about what the book was about but I like what all of them had to say. They came from different backgrounds; philosophy, fitness, metaphysics, quantum physics, spiritual counselors, etc... they all have been assembled by a woman to share their beliefs in The Secret.
I'm not going to be like they were and not share very much about the book. In fact, more so than the book, they were pushing the DVD they just made about The Secret. Not sure which works better for you, but the book is pretty easy to bang out in a weekend.
I would have never given a book like this a chance if Oprah wasn't selling it to me. She went on and on how all of her friends were calling her telling her she had to know about it, read the book or watch the dvd. She really seems to believe it in. I don't think she would have had them all on if the book didn't affect her.

So, this is an amazing spiritual self-help book. You kind of have to get in the right frame of mind before you read it. It's going to change your perception of how the world works, only if you will buy into it. If you are not willing to change your perceptions, don't read it.

The Secret suggests that we can minipulate the universe to give us everything we want through the "Law of Attraction". This means that there is an energy and wavelengths that minipulate our world to line up for what we ask of it. It questions that one percent of the world has all the wealth in the world and seems to be able to do it with ease. What don't the rest of the world have? They don't believe they can achieve anything, it's not for them and they don't ask for it.
With the Law of Attraction, like minded things and people will be drawn automatically to you and things will change to suit you. You make a REQUEST to the universe, you BELIEVE that it will happen and you focus on the FEELING it has and will bring you. The other thing is to show daily gratitude for the things the universe has already provided you.

Like I said, you have to approach this with an open mind. Have you ever noticed that extremely successful people always say in interviews that they always new this would all happen to them. They don't go through life as doubters.

I'm sure a lot of you are gagging at what this book suggests. I'm trying not to tell you too much so you can have your own interpretation of it.

If Oprah believes it, I believe it. There are few better role models than her on the path to great success. Please let me know if you read this and what you think. I think this book and dvd are about to explode. I bought into it and it's got me thinking about the life I live... would love it if it helps you too. jb

No comments: