Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Crackberry Freaks

This is a plea to my friends to put away their crackberry's. You know, your friend that is constantly checking their blackberry or other PDA while you are in mid-conversation, sometimes when you are talking on the phone or even worse, when you are face to face with them over lunch or dinner. They all think they are so discreet, barely pulling it out of their pocket and glancing down at it. It's so unbelievably rude and you see it everywhere today.




I'll be the first to admit, when I first got my Treo I was all excited to have it check my email 24/7. I thought it would bring freedom from the computer and the desk. Instead, I was a slave to my device and getting disconnected from the world. It's easy to convince yourself that you are staying connected and nurturing relationships. It's actually quite the opposite.




I can't take all the credit for my hatred for crackberry addicts. One of my favorite bloggers is Tim Sanders. He did a very cool video blog about this back in November and it really stuck with me. So, rather than have me regurgitate what Tim has said, go watch this video blog about talking to people on the phone or person to person and the dangers of email.

Go to the post from Nov 28th called "Don't say no over email"

1 comment:

Charles said...

I totally agree... I don't like cell phones either. Mine is on vibrate because I hate to hear it ring. ...but yet, I blog. Go figure.